6/26/2007

My opinion of the Bowflex Treadclimber



I bought a Treadclimber TC5000 from bowflex a couple of years ago. This morning I finally accepted the fact that it is a piece of junk.
From the minute the it arrived we started having problems. It was difficult to put together to start with.

After we assembled it, we start to move it to our workout room, only to discover it wouldn't fit through the door. We had to disassemble it, then reassemble it inside the room.

Then we discover the thing had arrived broken! We called the support line (they have excellent support people!). The support person identified the broken part and i
t was shipped to us.

We get the part and disassemble.. reassemble the thing. Now it works.. for a little while. Some parts started rubbing other parts, and before you know it, we are on t
he phone again. This time they didn't need to send any parts, they just walked up through the fixing process.

This was just the beginning of our Treadclimber adventure. We've had problems constantly.

This morning during my workout it started squealing. I re-lubricate it, with no luck. So I started running around my house for my required cardio. (I do 3 minutes
between weight lifting set) This is totally ridiculous! I'm ready toss it out, accept my loss and buy something that works.

No comments: